We are going to cook the Paneer Biryani in a Kadai for 2 people. This is also one of kind of veg biryani recipe.
Recipe for Homemade Paneer Biryani :
- 200g Paneer
- 2 cup long-grain rice
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- 2-3 tbsp Ghee
- cumin seeds (jeera seeds)
- cardamom pods (ilaayachee)
- cloves (laung)
- peppercorns (kali mirch)
- bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 onions
- ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tomato
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder (Haldi Powder)
- Black pepper powder 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- Red chili powder 2 tbsp
- Kasuri methi
- 5-6 mint leaves
- coriander leaves
Cooking Preparation :
- Wash the rice with a soft hand. Then leave it in normal water for 15-20 min.
- Fine Chopped 1 onion for biriani masala.
- Fine Chopped tomatoes.
- Chopped coriander leaves.
- Take out the lemon juice.
Marinate Paneer :
- Cut the paneer in square shape.
- take a bowl and add all paneer
- add 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- add 1/2 of black pepper powder, coriander powder, red chili powder
- leave it for at least 15 mins
Cooking Process/Steps :
- For paneer biryani, Add 4 cups of water in topiya or whatever utensils you have to cook rice.
- Add 1 tbs salt once the water gets a bit hot put your soaked rice. Cook it for 80 %. You may check the rice once the water gets bubbles.
- Drain the rice and keep the cooked rice water.
- Take a Kadai, add the oil and ghee.
- Once hot, add cumin seeds and after they sizzle, go in cardamom pods, cloves, peppercorns, bay leaves, and star anise.
- Add the chopped onions and cook till they start going golden.
- Then add ginger garlic paste. Once the raw flavor from ginger-garlic is gone, add the chopped tomatoes and salt.
- Cook till the tomatoes are mushy, then add in: turmeric powder, black pepper, coriander powder, garam masala, red chili powder, kasoori methi, and add sugar and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add in coriander and mint leaves and stir. Pour in about a cup of water and get it to a boil.
- Switch off the flame, and begin layering the paneer biryani. On top of this masala gravy, add in 1/2 of the cooked rice.
- Next, add all of the marinated paneers, then the rest of the rice.
- Pour in about 1/4 cup of water.
- You can add in some cashews or nuts if you wish, some saffron water can go in as well.
- Cover the pan with the lid and heat it up in medium flame for 3-4 minutes, then about 20 minutes in low flame.
- Let the biryani stay idle for a minimum of 30 minutes before opening. Open the pan, serve the paneer biryani!
Click Below To Buy Spices Now :
Credit: Ashutosh Kumar
You can also check out our other types of biryani recipes by clicking on this link. Click Me.